The first step in building your website is your domain name.
If you have a domain already, terrific. If not we can assist you with registering your domain (www.yourwebsite.com) name, on your behalf. Think of your domain name as a “mailing address” and the web hosting as the actual house that the address points to.
We do not recommend domain names with dashes, hyphens or other characters. Domain names should be as short and simple as possible. Best choices are .com followed by .net addresses.
The second step is acquiring reliable web hosting.
You will need a web hosting account where all of your web pages and documents will be served from.
Our Vermont Web hosting includes:
- 4GB of website storage space
- Google Analytics installation at no charge, upon request
- Free technical support in regards to web hosting
- For WordPress sites we also include free monthly WordPress core and plugin updates, security updates and monthly cloud backup services. This is a service that most other web hosts either do not provide or charge an extra fee for.
Why Google Analytics is important…
Statistics are like a road map for your website and we consider them critical for measuring how well your website is performing. You will be able to see how many visitors you are getting, where they are coming from and how they are getting to your website. If your current web host does not provide Google Analytics at no extra charge, you’re missing out!
Vermont Web Hosting Plans:
Standard Plan: $34.95 per month (or save $5 per month with our annual plan $359.40). WordPress all-in-one worry-free, web hosting and maintenance plan includes:
- 4GB of storage
- SSL http to https security
- Security firewall and monitoring
- Akismet Anti-Spam installed
- Monthly WordPress core, theme and plug-in updates
- Monthly cloud backups
- Free creation and integration of Google Analytics, upon request
Business Plan: Includes all of the above plus additional 4GB of storage.
$49.95 per month (or save $5 per month with our annual plan $539.40).
With many people viewing information online about their communities, it is vital that secure and reliable web hosting is in place. The Town of South Hero, Vermont along with several other town offices in the region work with us to assure that visitors to their websites can always find the information they’re looking for, efficiently and trouble free.
Restaurants and lodging facilities have really had a tough time during the COVID-19 pandemic. The owners of Shore Acres Inn & Restaurant came to Alpine Web Media for a much needed update to their website design with an analysis on future growth additions to the site, improvements in communication and customer reach. We also host their website and provide many other services to them, as well.